Booking Terms & Conditions
Please read the Terms & Booking Conditions before signing the Booking Form.
1. Sheepwash Cottage (“the property”) is offered for hire subject to confirmation by Tanya Rountree (“the owner”) to the renter (“the client”),
2. To reserve the property the client should complete and sign the booking form, return it together with payment of the non-refundable deposit, (30% of total cost). On receipt of this the owner will forward a confirmation. This is the formal confirmation of the booking.
3. The balance of the total cost is payable 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received, the owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owner is able to relet the property. In this event, point 5 of these conditions will apply. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Subject to points 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of the amounts paid will be made if the owner is able to rent the property. Any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refunded amount. The client is recommended to arrange comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation cover), baggage, personal belongings and public liability etc. as these things are not covered by the owner insurance.
5. The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day unless otherwise arranged with the owner.
6. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant, to take good care of the property and to leave it in the same condition as found.
7. The owner shall not be liable to the client for any temporary defect or stoppage of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, machinery or appliances in the property or garden. Nor for any loss, damage, or injury, which is the result of any adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner. The owner is also not liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period. In such an event the owner shall within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
8. Under no circumstances shall the owner’s liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the client for the rental period.
9. The client will not remove any of the contents from the property or make any addition or alteration to the property.
10. The owner may in exceptional circumstances be required to cancel the booking in which case a full refund of all monies paid will be made to the client.
11. The owner shall have no liability for personal injury or death. No liability is accepted by the owner in respect of damage to or loss of personal property of the client. The client is responsible for insuring his own contents and personal effects kept at the property.
12. The owner is entitled to refuse to hand over the property to the client or repossess the property if the owner reasonably believes damage has been caused or is likely to be caused to the property by the client. These circumstances will be treated as a cancellation by the client, no refund of monies paid will be made and the owner accepts no liability towards further costs incurred by the client.
13. No candles of any type are allowed. Candle related fires invalidate the insurance, and the client would assume responsibility for any damage.
14. No smoking is allowed in the property. Smoking related fires invalidate the insurance, and the client would assume responsibility for any damage.
15. There are ponds in the land adjacent to the property, there is a field fence separating the cottage from this area of land. However, you are advised not to go into the area of land as it is private property and to supervise children to ensure that they do not trespass into this area.
16. No pets are allowed in the property.
17. No drones with imaging or photography allowed to be flown over the property.
This contract is governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.
Note. These booking conditions will be included in the booking confirmation.
Corona Virus 2022
Cancellations or changes to bookings due to corona virus will be subject to the terms and conditions above. In addition;
- If the owner cancels due to a change in government legislation/regulations, the owner will refund in full, in accordance with the terms and conditions above.
Covid19: in line with Government Guidance – updated accordingly
- If guests display signs of Covid19 virus whilst staying in the property they should inform the owner, immediately self isolate to reduce any risk of transmission and follow the most recent Government guidance.
- If guests are confirmed as having Covid 19 they should return home if they reasonably can.
- If not able to arrange transport they will need to talk to a health care provider and the local authority and follow government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed Covid 19 infection.
- If guests are unable to return home they will be liable to pay for the length of stay based on the same nightly rate as when booking.
- Please use the hand soap to wash your hands each time you come into the property.